P0780 - Shift Control System Fault
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shifting solenoid valve
- Shifting solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Shifting solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
The P0780 codes is detected when no rotation change occurs between input (turbine revolution sensor) and output (revolution sensor) and shifting time is long or when shifting ends immediately or when engine revs up unusually during shifting.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the transmission mechanical shifting through various sensors. This malfunction is detected when the A/T does not shift as instructed by the TCM. This is not caused by electrical malfunction (circuits open or shorted) but by mechanical malfunction such as control valve sticking,improper solenoid valve operation, etc.
Need more help?