P0152 NISSAN - O2 Sensor Circuit High Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2
- Intake air leaks may be faulty
- Exhaust gas leaks
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Inappropriate fuel pressure
- Faulty fuel injectors
Replacing the Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 usually takes care of the problem.
For Nissan models 2005 and up see: P0152 Nissan
When is the code detected?
An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P0152 NISSAN Description
The front heated oxygen sensor (or O2 sensor 1) is placed into the exhaust manifold. It detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air. The heated oxygen sensor 1 has a closed-end tube made of ceramic zirconia. The zirconia generates voltage from approximately 1V in richer conditions to 0V in leaner conditions. The heated oxygen sensor 1 signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM adjusts the injection pulse duration to achieve the ideal air-fuel ratio. The ideal air-fuel ratio occurs near the radical change from 1V to 0V.
Need more help?