P0726 NISSAN - Engine Speed Input Circuit Performance
- Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Communication error between the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM)
The codes means that the Transmission Control Moduel (TCM) is not receving the signal from the ECM and the problem is either the wire from ECM to the TCM or a bad ECM.
When is the code detected?
The P0726 Codes is triggered when the TCM detected that the calculated engine speed is greater than the RPM's received from ECM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0726 NISSAN Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the engine speed through the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor with the engine running, and send signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
Need more help?