P1446 Nissan - EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Close
- Faulty EVAP Pressure Sensor
- EVAP Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- EVAP Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Blocked rubber tube to EVAP canister vent control valve
- EVAP Water separator
- EVAP canister is saturated with water
- Faulty EVAP canister vent control valve
There is a factory service bulletin for the following Nissan Models:
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
2007 Nissan Pathfinder
2005-2007 Nissan Pathfinder Service Bulletin OBDII Code P1446
When is the code detected?
EVAP canister vent control valve remains closed under specified driving conditions.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1446 Nissan Description
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the ECM. When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually remains opened. When the vent is closed, under normal purge conditions, the evaporative emission control system is depressurized and allows EVAP Control System (Small Leak) diagnosis.
Need more help?