1. Disconnect both battery terminals.
2. Place a suitable trim tool on the upper point at the middle of the center ventilator grilles (grilles) as seen in Figure
3. Insert the trim tool until it contacts (bottoms out) on top of the duct
a. Make sure the tool is in front of the instrument panel skin and substrate
4. Pull the trim tool rearward (away from the windshield) to start removing the grilles
5. Carefully pull evenly on the grilles until you are sure all A and B clips are completely unclipped
6. Remove the grilles by continuing to pull evenly on both sides
7. Before re-installation, be sure that the face plate C clips and ducts of the grilles are properly secured together
8. Push evenly and straight in on the grilles
a. Make sure all clips are completely secured by checking for gaps.