1. Write down all radio station pre-sets.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove four Bolts and remove the Engine Cover.
4. Remove the Air Intake Duct and Air Filter Housing Top Cover.
Disconnect the Air Flow Sensor Harness Connector from the Air Filter Housing Top Cover
5. Disconnect the Purge Volume Control Valve and Electric Throttle Control Actuator Connectors. Then, re-position the Harness out of the way.
6. Disconnect the Cam Position Sensor and Coolant Temperature Sensor Connectors
7. Remove two Bolts from the Wire Harness Guide/Protector
8. Remove two Bolts that secure the vehicle Wire Harnesses to the Intake Collector
9. Disconnect the four Ignition Coil Harness Connectors
10. Re-position the vehicle Wire Harness and Guide/Protector away from the Intake Collector. This will make it easier to remove the Collector
11. Disconnect the PCV Hose from the Valve Cover, then disconnect the Brake Vacuum Booster Hose from the Intake Collector
12. Remove two Bolts and remove the Purge Volume Control Valve Bracket and Hose from the Intake Collector
13. Remove the two Bolts that secure the Intake Collector Support Bracket to the Cylinder Head, then loosen ONLY the two Bolts that secure the Bracket to the Intake Collector
14. Remove five Bolts and two Nuts that secure the Intake Collector to the Intake Manifold (see Figure A11). Then carefully re-position the Intake Collector out of the way.
• You do NOT have to disconnect the Coolant and Fuel Hoses from the Intake Collector to re-position it.
• It may be helpful to hang the Intake Collector from the under side of the front Hood using a metal coat hanger or other suitable device.