Need A Repair Shop?
Find local automotive repair shops in your area.
NOTE: The compass calibrates itself under normal driving conditions. However, occasional circumstances may cause the compass to operate inaccurately. Example: Driving from rural (wide open) areas to crowded city areas, or if an aftermarket (i.e., non original equipment) antenna with a magnetic base is attached to the vehicle. Calibrate the mirror compass if the display shows only one direction or a limited number of directions.
1. The zone setting is factory preset ("default" setting) to zone 8. Refer to the Compass Zone Map to verify the correct compass zone setting for your geographical location.
2. PRESS and HOLD the or button until the "Zone Number " appears in the display, then release the button.
3. PRESS the same button ( or ) repeatedly until the correct compass zone setting for your geographical location is displayed.
NOTE: If the button is not pressed a second time within 3 seconds, the display will automatically change back to the primary headings (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW).
4. Now drive the vehicle to an open level area; away from large metallic objects, structures, and overhead power lines.
5. Turn off "non-essential" electrical accessories (rear window defrost, heater/air conditioning, wipers) and close the doors.
6. PRESS and HOLD the or button for approximately 3 seconds, until "C" or "CAL" appears in the display, then release the button.
The compass is now in the "calibration" mode.
7. Drive slowly (less than 5 mph) in a circle until the "C / CAL" is replaced with primary headings (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW).
This will require driving at least 2 complete 360 degree circles; 3 complete circles may be required.
8. The compass calibration procedure is now complete. The compass should operate normally.
NOTE: If at any time the compass continually displays the incorrect direction or the reading is erratic or locked, repeat the calibration procedure.